Saturday 19 July 2014

FALLING OFF THE FITNESS WAGON? DON'T WORRY MOTIVATION IS HERE!

Hi Fitness Fanatics,

I recently found myself slowly losing sight of my fitness goals and thought no way I need to step up my game.  I got myself a new trainers as motivation to get back on the fitness wagon. It all started after I had done a two (2) boot camp session in preparation for the 'Tuff Warriors Challenge' last month and saw my body progress to new heights of strength and endurance.

However afterwards I became a tad complacent and thought I can rest a bit, I am not doing too bad my body is looking great. I had also lost my favourite trainers (sneaker) while doing the obstacle course and decided I should get a new one soon, well soon almost turned into a month! I was still working out but no as intense as my footwear was not the best for balance neither did it offer support when my routine took me off the ground (jumping jack and squat variations).

I noticed as well that many persons around me were also falling off; some stopped going to the gym or reduced the number of days. In reality you will lose motivation no matter who you are and I too was a victim of how our minds can trick you into thinking you are too tired or too busy to work out. I must say this was not my first time feeling demotivated, but every time I started to lose grip on that fitness wagon I found ways to regain my footing and remained focused.

These are some of the things I do to keep me motivated on my fitness journey:


  • Find support from people who are also fitness fanatics. On Instagram most of the people I follow for business are fitness pages. As they give great workout and dietary tips and share pictures and videos of people who have reaching their goals. I follow these people/groups on IG: @nataliejillfit @lyzabethlopez @iikandii88 @fitgirlsworldwide @fitgirlvideos @fitgirlsfoodz @myhealthydish_ 
    Fit Girls Worldwide IG Page 
  • Change up your routine, for me I had to start using weights to fill in where my body was no longer being challenged. Whether you are using working videos at home or going to the gym boredom will set in. If you are a 'home gymer' like me get new workout moves or toy to incorporate into your routine. If you go to the gym then try a new equipment, get a work out buddy or increase the number or weights, its all about keeping your mind and body challenged. 
    Keep Yourself Challenged 
  • Capture your progress in pictures; as bad as it may seem in the beginning you will feel accomplished and motivated looking at where you started to where you are now. It will surely encourage you to keep going. This is one of my before and after pictures. 
    Left - February 2014        Right - March 2014
  • Enter a competition of some kind like a obstacle challenge, boot camp, run/walk event or even a hike. Do something that requires you to push yourself and also meet others that are on their fitness journey. I have a hike this Sunday and a one day boot camp at the Cuthbert's Fitness Studio next month. 
    Before and After Tuff Warriors Challenge 
  • All else fail get some new gym gear, like a new pair of trainers, sweat pants, sports bra or a small piece of equipment like a new gym/yoga mat, dumbbells, resistance bands, even a heart monitor. 
    Work Out Gears

Still need more motivation...Just some memes I did every time I wanted to remind myself of my goal or how much I have progressed.

My New Trainers

Yes Those are my abs!

Post Workout Selfie 

What do you do to remain motivated and committed to your fitness goals?

Please remember to subscribe, comment and share!

Peace, Love, Prayers.

The Beautiful One

No comments:

Post a Comment